Friday, April 3, 2009

Heavy Metal Couscous

Finally have the chance to sit down and blog, upload all my pictures (I HAVE been cooking!!)-went to go cook dinner and have managed to burn my hands with HOT coconut oil. OUCH. So I am typing to you know with only my two middle fingers and both thumbs. ALWAYS WEAR OVEN MITTS NO MATTER HOW MUCH OF A HURRY YOU'RE IN!





Couscous is a grain and cooks very easily like rice. It is the perfect base to ANY dish and it depends on YOUR TASTE BUDS how you want to dress it up-what you want to make it do. I whipped this baby put when I had to feed some guests and zip across town to see Motley Crue in concert. Hence the name.
Heavy Metal Couscous




















What You'll Need:
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 3 carrots
- 1/2-1 cup corn
- 5 cloves garlic
-1/2-1 cup parsley
thyme, tarragon, curry,cloves,salt, black pepper to taste (I forgot to write down my own measurements, did this all to personal taste)
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil

Chop your carrots and boil them in some water so they're soft. Lightly saute diced onions in pan. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil with garlic and other seasonings. Add tender carrots and onion, add couscous, stir everything all together-reduce heat and cover for ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment