Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Red Curry and Coconut Milk with Pineapple.

I really love curry. I mean, I really love it. Nothing makes me happier these days than a savory dish with coconut milk. This dish was inspired by my love of red curry in a coconut base and my favortie veggies. Out of all the curries, red is my personal favorite. This dish is easy as heck to make, and would be very romantic to cook for your loved one(s) this Saturday. Or, if you're single like me you can cook it for yourself and enjoy it just the same.

What You'll Need:
(makes 4 large servings and 6 small ones, depending on how much rice you cook up and the ratio you use of coconut curry mixture:brown rice.)
2-3 tbsp red curry paste- start with two and add the thrid according to your taste.
1 can lite coconut milk
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 red pepper
water chestnuts
snow peas
baby corn
bean sprouts
2 cups brown rice

Directions:
Prepare your brown rice on the stove.
1)On medium heat, add the coconut milk to your pot, let simmer for a minute or two and then add red curry paste.



















2) Add your crushed pineapple ADD the juice, following after the rest of your veggies. Let simmer for an additional 10 minutes, until the rice is done cooking.














3) Serve rice in 1/2 cup or 1 cup servings















4) Pour mixture on top, or serve coconut/curry mixture in a seperate dish per guest and allow them to determine their own ratio!

No comments:

Post a Comment